1. Were the students reading when their instructor arrived?
2. Tom asked the clerk: “How much are those cookies?” What should the clerk say?
3. If she sat next to me on the bus, where did she sit?
4. Are you looking forward to attending the school party?
5. Bill writes Arabic as well as Robert. How well does Bill write Arabic?
6. The salesman told Doug he could try out the car. What can Doug do?
7. John is going to town at 0900 hours to buy a car. Where is John going?
8. We were making a tour when the accident happened. What were we doing when the accident happened?
9. When the man stepped outside, he said: “It’s mighty hot.” How hot was it?
10. The instructor said: “Let’s go over the lesson.” What did the instructor mean?
11. Cathy’s son is going to take up medicine. What will he do?
12. The boy’s name is John Paul Jones. What is the boy’s surname?
13. The bus driver gave Lieutenant Perkins a transfer. What did the Lieutenant Perkins get?
14. How do you like your eggs?
15. What makes artificial light?
16. Mr. Shorts entered the room. What did he do?
17. Jack will pick me up at a quarter past seven. When will he be here?
18. We turned the TV program on as it started. When did we turn it on?
19. Mr. Miller is getting ready for the trip. What is he doing?
20. Bill got lost at the train station in New York and he became very confused. Why did Bill become confused?
21. That job is hazardous. What kind of job is it?
22. He visited us frequently. When did we see him?
23. The conduct of that soldier was outstanding. How was his conduct?
24. Frank is going to call on him sometime. What is Frank going to do?
25. Robert won’t wait, and Jane won’t wait. What does this say about Jane?
26. I ran into Mr. Nolan yesterday in the bookstore.
27. I invited him to my home and he accepted.
28. When I’m at home, I like to take it easy.
29. The student doesn’t mind studying his lessons.
30. Sergeant Williams didn’t have enough time to read every page in the book.
31. Lieutenant Smith doesn’t have sufficient strength to move the machine.
32. George is used to smoking a pipe.
33. I think the Admiral Hotel is over that way.
34. I look over my lesson from time to time.
35. Mr. Maryland can answer the phone. He is closer to it than any of us.
36. We had a flat on the highway.
37. Jack is very fond of fishing.
38. This is the girl whose father you met yesterday.
39. Lieutenant Jones ran a red traffic light.
40. The man next door asked us to dinner Sunday.
41. This is the residential section of the city.
42. Lieutenant Lee sent his sister a letter.
43. It is raining. We will not have the picnic.
44. The instructor will distribute the books to the students.
45. Accurate weather forecasts are the greatest assistance to pilots.
46. He said he would pick me up in his truck.
47. The student ought to study this lesson carefully.
48. On the corner a new building is under construction.
49. There’s a barbershop across the street next to the restaurant.
50. It sounds like Paul enjoyed himself at the party.
51. M: Which way are you going, madam? W: Why do you say that, officer? M: Because if you are not more careful, you might end up in the hospital. Q: To whom is the policeman talking?
52. W: Where do you live now? M: On the base. W: Why didn’t you live in an apartment? M: I don’t like it. Q: What did the man say?
53. W: Are you taking driving lessons? M: No, I’m afraid to drive a car. W: Well, I hope you’ll change your mind. Q: What did the man say?
54. M: I thought the meeting was going to be held this afternoon. W: It was put off. Q: What happened to the meeting?
55. W: Why didn’t you arrive on time? M: My car stalled on the highway. Q: What happened to the man’s car on the highway?
56. M: My medical opinion is that you should cut down on your smoking. W: Yes, doctor. I’ll try. Q: What will the woman try to do?
57. M: Where do you do your shopping? W: In the shopping center, of course. M: Which shopping center? W: The one in the suburb. Q: Where is the shopping center located?
58. M: Do you like summer better than winter? W: Not really. Actually I like spring and fall better than either. Q: What are they talking about?
59. M: Did you like the movie last night? W: It was not at all boring. Q: What did the woman say about the movie?
60. M: Hello, is this the taxi company? W: Yes, it is. M: When can you send a taxi to 704, 3rd street? W: Right away. Q: What did the woman say?